Re: Can't view strange Java URL with Curl. Is it possible?

From: Ham Frulong <thechile_at_beeb.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 20:39:01 -0000

Thanks for that, it works kind of. To be honest i don't know if its a result
of Curl or just the sites code.

When viewed vi IE the site is all properly laid out and looks ok, but when i
issue the command

 curl -L -b moo "http://www.techrepublic.com/" > test.html

And i then view test.html via Internet Explorer, apart from the obvious
images being missing etc.. its also all out of alignment??

I thought that this command would have taken a clone of the code from the
original page and saved it to test.html, therefore when viewed with IE it
should look identical.

Sadly it does not.

Can anyone verify if this is a Curl thing or something else. If so can you
let me know if it can be fixed.

Thanks again,