Building cURL with ssl

From: Huy Nguyen <triall3_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 04:24:51 +0000

Hi,

I ran into the following problem in trying to build curl with ssl.

I'm cross compiling curl for PPC on x86 so my libssl and include files are
in non standard place. Therefore I'm using the following command to
configure curl.

CPPFLAGS="-I/path/to/ssl.h" LDFLAGS="-L/path/to/ssl/libs" \
./configure

This generates a config.h that has HAVE_SSL_H, hAVE_CRYPTO_H defined but
does not have HAVE_LIBSSL and HAVE_LIBCRYPTO defined. As a result, the flag
USE_SSLEAY is not turned on.
I do have libssl.so and libcrypto.so under the path that LDFLAGS points to.
What am I missing?

Thanks for your help,
Huy