Re: SSL session IDs and caching them...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 10:03:37 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Dave Winkel wrote:

> I noticed in the change notes for 7.9, curl will now reuse a negotiated
> SSL session ID. Is there any plan to implement storing this session ID
> in a file so that a later program could use the same SSL session ID?

I can't say that I've planned that, no.

> It would be useful for the load testing scenarios I've been testing with
> curl recently, where I need fairly granular timing data for given
> requests.

Well, I would have no problems with adding such a feature to libcurl, if
someone would help me making it come true.

I am not aware of any functions in the OpenSSL libraries though, that would
let us output a printed version of the ID, and one that would convert a given
printed version back to an internal ID struct version again...