RE: Hangs every other transaction

From: Jonathan Hilgeman <JHilgeman_at_ecx.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:54:11 -0700

Well, I tried curl -v but it didn't display any information until the
transaction was completed, it seemed.

Here's some additional info:
- The server that is having trouble is inside a firewall, I believe. But I'm
thinking that if data comes back AT ALL, then the firewall can't be the
problem. It should stop data completely, right?

- I copied the application to an entirely different server that had nothing
to do with the current company's server, and the transactions came back
within 4 seconds every time. We tried another POST method (via Windows
desktop/HTML page) instead of cURL and it came back within 4 seconds every
time as well. I am not sure if that computer is behind the firewall or not.

- Every once in a while, I will get a transaction back extremely quickly.

- There isn't a lot of network load on the server. Nowhere near enough to
warrant this type of slowness.

Any other ideas?

- Jonathan