Re: Installing cURL for c

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:36:18 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Grant, Eamonn wrote:

> ../libtool: ar: not found
> make[2]: *** [libcurl.la] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/eamonn/C/curl4/curl-7.9/lib'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/eamonn/C/curl4/curl-7.9'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

This happens because your PATH doesn't include the directory where 'ar' is
found. You can most probably fix this by including '/usr/ccs/bin' in your
path.

> Then when I run make install I get this at the end:
>
> cp: cannot create /usr/local/man/man1/#inst.1462#: Permission denied

That's probably because you don't have the right to write in that directory.

> I changed to su and tried but then I get:
> ksh: make: not found

Root probably doesn't have a PATH setup that includes 'make'. The normal
SunOS make is usually in /usr/ccs/bin too.

> The version of linux is SunOS 5.7

SunOS 5.7 is not Linux...