Re: Curl and HTTP/1.0

From: Wico de Leeuw <wico_at_cnh.nl>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 10:57:16 +0200

At 10:48 8-10-2001 +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Wico de Leeuw wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if it's possible to force curl to use HTTP/1.0 istead of
> > HTTP/1.1;
>
>When I bumped curl into using 1.1 (which after all wasn't that very long ago)
>I was pondering if I should make it possible to use 1.0-requests or not.
>
>I decided against that, since I couldn't come up with a good reason why
>anyone would want it.
>
>Can you give us a good explanation why we want to add such a feature? ;-)

I am getting a page from a (crappy) server that uses cookies to track sessions
when doing a request on the server with HTTP/1.0 everything is fine and the
server accepts my cookie (using wget)
BUT when i use curl it won't accept my cookie... i tested this for a while
(using proxys and stuff) and the only thing i can see thats different is
that wget does a HTTP/1.0 get and curl a HTTP/1.1 request

It's not nessacery to use HTTP/1.1 cuz i only want the data and don't want
to do fancy stuff ;)

I'd like to see such an option in curl... i can retrive in php how a page
is being called (1.0 or 1.1) and can take action on it.. Using curl on such
a server will limit the data i'll can get for example.

I hope this is a good reason :)

Greetz,

Wico de Leeuw