Re: curl cookie jar

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 08:56:31 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Pierre Z. wrote:

Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas and comments regarding the cookie jar.

> wouldn't it make sense to split this project e.g. in two phases:

It is funny you mention this. I actually indend to do pretty much exactly the
way you describe it, I just wanted to get things ventilated first so that
there wasn't any major issue we would need to fix before a "phase 1"-release
would be possible.

> - Phase 1: base cookie jar functionality developed and made available
> "right away"; this would make a lot of us on the list happy (I almost
> exclusively access secure/cookie-based Web sites).

As soon as I've set the library interface and found a suitable command line
option, this will be possible. I hope to release the first 7.9 pre-release
this week, and the initial cookie jar functionality will be included.

> - Phase 2: depending on Phase 1 feedback from users, re-assess the need
> for the file locking (and filtering?) feature(s), and eventually
> implement it (them).

Yes, focusing on getting phase 1 out first will give us more time to throw
ideas around for what else we could do.