Re: cURL and Curl (fwd)

From: SM <nntp_at_iname.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 20:19:43 +0400

Hi,
At 08:07 13-08-2001 +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>Now, I've actually been contacted by a representative from curl.com who's
>concerned about our identical names, the confusion it causes and generally
>asking if we have any good ways make them easier to deal with for the users.

It would be good to follow Georg Horn's suggestion about having a written
agreement between the two parties as to the use of the name.

>and cooperate in order to remedy any future potential confusion. It could
>be as simple as providing links on our respective web sites to direct
>traffic to the appropriate web site. I would like to explore any and all
>ideas that might be possible.

That is a good idea. You could have a link at the top of the main webpage
saying "If you are looking for information about the CURL programming
language, please visit www.curl.com" and they would have something similar
for cURL.

As for the Q 1.7 in the FAQ, I suggest that you tone it down. :)

We are not associated with the client-side programming language for the
web, named CURL. For more information about the CURL programing language
please visit http://www.curl.com

Regards,
-sm