Re: RFC2723 support broken

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 23:23:18 +0200 (MET DST)

On 13 Aug 2001, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

> curl doesn't support rfc2723.

No, and I don't think it should:

RFC2723: "SRL: A Language for Describing Traffic Flows and Specifying Actions
for Flow Groups"

RFC2732 however: "Format for Literal IPv6 Addresses in URL's"

:*)

> [misiek_at_arm src]$ curl ftp://[::1]
> curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host '[::1]'
>
> It looks easy to fix but I was to lazy to do that :-)

I must admit I can't see the error. Cam you please enlighten me?

> ps. also IMO curl should support ipv4 addresses inside brackets, too
> (even if compiled without ipv6 support).

The RFC clearly states that the brackets are reserved and used for IPv6
addresses only. AFAICT, supporting IPv4 addresses that way wouldn't be to
follow RFC2732.

Or am I wrong?

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/