RE: VMS Curl

From: <Nico.Baggus_at_mail.ing.nl>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 17:17:01 +0200

Hi,

---8<---

> aha, ok. I renamed the Curl_FormFree to Curl_formclean to get
> away from that
> problem.
>
> > Testing will be a problem with current toolset, as the
> fork() paradigm
> > is'n supportable on VMS.

Thnx

> Yeah, but testing the basic stuff manually should pretty much
> be what it
> takes, as most of everything in curl works the same on all
> platforms so if
> the basic stuff works, the other should too.

Well the basics seem to work (I haven't checked everything...)
if you want to see VMS for yourself, www.openvms.compaq.com does
facilitate testdrive hardware through the internet. (for porting/testing
purposes).
I've never used it because at work I have sufficient machine resources
available.

> > Currently I'm swamped with work so I have made little
> progress since what
> > you have now. Telnet is an issue I want to look into,
> perhaps it's better
> > to wait for the tarball with the winnt telnet issues
> solved, because the
> > problems look quite the same.
>
> I don't think the windows telnet fixes will bring much
> happiness to the VMS
> land, as I believe they will contain win32 specific code. It
> would probably
> be wise to wait for them anyway, as it might be a better
> ground to patch
> telnet fixes onto.

Well, it depends where they solve things..., probably the windows
specifics need to be modified anyway to the VMS way of doing things.
And the common problem is that select() only works for network sockets
on both platforms. (AFAIK).
Therefore the most of the work; where to do what; will change to just the what
part
(I think/hope).

Regards,
Nico Baggus

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.