RE: VMS Curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 16:25:05 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001 Nico.Baggus_at_mail.ing.nl wrote:

> Well there were some problems there because of Case sensitivity.... The
> names curl_formfree, CURL_FORMFREE etc. are equal for the
> librarian/linker ONLY the C compiler is case sensitive, so to distinguish
> between curl_formfree & Curl_FormFree needs to be resolved, I took the
> easy way out that obviously needs work!

aha, ok. I renamed the Curl_FormFree to Curl_formclean to get away from that
problem.

> Testing will be a problem with current toolset, as the fork() paradigm
> is'n supportable on VMS.

Yeah, but testing the basic stuff manually should pretty much be what it
takes, as most of everything in curl works the same on all platforms so if
the basic stuff works, the other should too.

> Currently I'm swamped with work so I have made little progress since what
> you have now. Telnet is an issue I want to look into, perhaps it's better
> to wait for the tarball with the winnt telnet issues solved, because the
> problems look quite the same.

I don't think the windows telnet fixes will bring much happiness to the VMS
land, as I believe they will contain win32 specific code. It would probably
be wise to wait for them anyway, as it might be a better ground to patch
telnet fixes onto.

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/