Re: can curl do it?

From: SM <nntp_at_iname.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 10:03:35 +0400

Hello,
At 13:18 27-07-2001 -0700, Erik wrote:
>We need an application we can write scripts with and do some bench
>marking, and functionality testing. We were going to use Apache Bench
>mark.. but it's limited on features, and doesn't support SSL.

>Web site that has heavy cookie usage
>Uploads of files to a web site.. and downloading results of upload
>Logging into web site (and have dozens of logins at a time)
>Testing how fast we can grab the pages.

cURL is versatile and has features to do the above. I suggest that you
take a look at the Curl::easy module. It allows you to call libcurl from
Perl. "The Art Of Scripting HTTP Requests Using Curl" file may help you in
writing your test scripts.

>I thought maybe we would just use Curl for the SSL portion, but that
>wouldn't be very accurate to compare against apache bench, since they
>would use different methods and are different codes.

If you are going to use both Apache Benchmark and cURL, your results may be
skewed. It might be best to use cURL for the whole set of tests.

Regards,
-sm