RE: can curl do it?

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:04:22 -0400

With regards to what kinds of URLs curl is able to test, you are limited
only by your ability to craft an appropriate curl command. curl also
does a good job with capturing HTTP headers (that often are needed to
tell how well your web site is working) and spitting out errors (if
you've killed your web server with the testing, etc).

The only problem: curl doesn't offer anything (that I'm aware of) that
will assist you in assessing the results of a large-scale test like
this. So you're entirely on your own as far as writing a test harness
(using curl as the http tool) and evaluating the test results. The
closest you'll find already with curl is the test script used for QA'ing
curl itself. I don't know that it does anything other than make several
curl requests and verify they all worked.

If you take the time to create any kind of test harness that works for
you, I'm sure we'd love to see as much as possible posted as sample code
on the curl web site!

--Kevin