Re: JavaScript posting

From: Dustin Boswell <boswell_at_caltech.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 11:12:10 -0700 (PDT)

Check out curl.haxx.se/curlprograms.html
1) it's got a program called SlashSMS.pl that does
a similar thing (I doubt it'll suit your needs but
might be interesting to look at).
2) formfind.pl is a cool little script that extracts
the form data, so you (the programmer) can figure out
what to send.

To send a form look at the man page under the -d option...

Sometimes I wonder how Netscape or IE is submitting a form...
So I usually
1) save the html page.
2) search for <form action=url...>
3) change url to "http://mycomputer.com:2345"
4) save the modified html
5) open the new html in Netscape or IE.
6) type "nc -lp 2345" in Unix (hope you have Net Cat installed).
7) click the submit button on the form.
8) the request header from Netscape should come on the screen
where you typed "nc -lp 2345"

here I use 2345 as a random non-important port.

--This is what I usually do... Is there a more efficient
way of doing it? Like some sort of "tcpdump" like program
that listens on port 80 and nicely displays the data being
sent across (both ways)?

-Good luck.