[ curl-Feature Requests-433527 ] Failure recovery w/ auto-resume

From: <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:18:15 -0700

Feature Requests item #433527, was updated on 2001-06-15 12:18
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350976&aid=433527&group_id=976

Category: command line client
Group: download

Initial Comment:
I'm having a real hard time trying to find a command
line FTP utility that has the ability to handle
occasional network instability by auto-resuming on
error. Curl comes REAL close to this, by suppling a
great number of features necessary.

Notably my requirements are:
- Auto-resume on network termination, timeout, or
weird server response. (if server does not support
resume, a restart would suffice)
- Selectability to only download the file(s) if newer
than the original.

Curl looks real sharp otherwise, but in its current
shape I cannot use it for my application. I am using
FTP to transfer over 100Gig of files over a
transatlantic ATM WAN that is not 100% stable. Each
file is anywhere between 500M to 3G each, therefore
auto-resume is a nice feature when time is short.
Both clients and servers are running Windows NT/2000
using IIS 4.0 for FTP services.