[ curl-Feature Requests-433597 ] asynchronous DNS lookup

From: <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:37:49 -0700

Feature Requests item #433597, was updated on 2001-06-15 16:37
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350976&aid=433597&group_id=976

Category: libcurl
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I know time-out-able domain lookup (so that cURL has
a time-out for EVERY stage of url fetching) is on the
TODO list, and I was wondering if anyone was doing
any work on it. Has anyone looked into the ADNS
(asychronous DNS) package?
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ian/adns
It's opensource, and seems to have a lot of features,
but not much documentation. Also, it only compiles
on certain *NIX flavors. What do people think
about trying to incorporate that into cURL?