New CURL platform...?

From: <Nico.Baggus_at_mail.ing.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:43:52 +0200

Hi, all

I've tried to compile curl 7.7.3 on VMS, and well
after about 3 hours of hacking (include files, manual configure, some special
code etc.)

 no more syntax errors
 and it even runs.

A problem with the HOME variable for .netrc & .curlrc
have also been solved.. (VMS file syntax as opposed to unix filename syntax).
These are much less problems than I had about a year ago
when I tried before.

Basicly I have a curl for VMS, without SSL.

Now were can there be more pitfalls?
Where do I have to look for trouble about:
        Filenames
        very unixlike features..
                (filename globbing/enumeration)
        select on handles...
        forking()

I can find these things ofcourse but I'm quite busy
and this clearly is an aside that maybe can become usefull.

The testing tool is useless as there is no fork()
concept on VMS, I tried to rebuild the testbed, but failed.

handtesting shows:
basic FTP: & HTTP: seem to work.
telnet starts but just hangs waiting for input.
I have no other server available to test against.

regards,
Nico Baggus

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.