summer planning

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:39:34 +0200 (MET DST)

Upcoming events:

 I (Daniel) will be absent during July (I'll be totally away from computers,
backpacking in Vietnam), and I'll be quite busy the weeks before that so
things may not move very fast in my end of things until I get back.

 To make sure things don't halt completely, I'm trying to take actions that
will make things work smoothly even without me at the wheel:

 - CVSed web site. People with CVS access can update the web site. (It is not
   yet updated automatically from CVS, but it'll work before I leave.) If you
   happen to be interested in this kinds of stuff, get in touch.
 - Posting questions to the mailing list can still get replies from all you
   good people on the lists.
 - As always, I'll beg people not to post questions to me personally, I'll
   get my share of overloaded mailbox by the time I get back anyway. (What's
   a few hundred daily mails times 30? ;-/)
 - I'll try to decrease the number of admin related mails/tasks that go to
   me only.

Things we need to get done in curl, that I probably will not be able to
implement personally before August...

 o Add support for SSL session ID caching. We need to think on what basis we
  cache the ID and how to know when we will re-use a previous ID. Should we
  base it on hostname? (http://curl.haxx.se/dev/SSL_session_id.txt)

 o Support HTTP PUT from stdin by using chunked-transfer encoding:
  (http://curl.haxx.se/dev/HTTP-PUT-stdin.txt)

 o Support no-copy read/write callbacks. Introducing a way to decrase the
  number of data copies for certain kinds of transfers. This is not yet fully
  thought-through or designed, more thinking could be done.
  (http://curl.haxx.se/dev/no_copy_callbacks.txt)

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/