Re: libcurl 1.1.0?!?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:07:28 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Domenico Andreoli wrote:

> today i was debianizating new release of curl (7.8) when i noted that it
> produce shared library libcurl.so.1.1.0, at least on my debian.

Hm. Well I turned '2:0:0' into '2:0:1' in the lib/Makefile.am... I can't
understand why that made the first digit a 1!

> last version produced a libcurl.so.2.0.0 and this "downversioning" makes
> me not so few complications for packaging it for debian.

I can understand that, and I certainly didn't intend that!

> is it possible to have a libcurl 2.1.0?

It should probably me made '2:1:0' or possibly '3:0:0' in lib/Makefile.am.
Reading the hints on how to deal with library version numbering (which is
included in the file in question), paragraph 4 indicates the latter,
paragraph 5 indicates that '2:0:1' is correct while paragraph 3 says '2:1:0'
is the one to go with.

I'm confused.

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/