SSL Exception Error

From: Frank Reid <fcreid_at_ourcorner.org>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 11:09:46 -0400

Speaking of SSL, the current source (and the 7.7.2 source) gives a Windows
Access Violation at the indicated line when building with SSL and retrieving
SSL from certain sites (although not all). (I changed the makefile a bit to
add define DEBUG even in an SSL build.) I'm not familiar enough with the
httpchunk code to know where to look, though. This appears only to be a
problem with VC6, as the binary download available on the website doesn't
give the error. Any thoughts? Thanks.

void Curl_httpchunk_init(struct connectdata *conn)
{
  struct Curl_chunker *chunk = &conn->proto.http->chunk;
  chunk->hexindex=0; /* start at 0 */ <-- DEBUG ERROR
POINTS HERE
  chunk->dataleft=0; /* no data left yet! */
  chunk->state = CHUNK_HEX; /* we get hex first! */
}