Re: SSL Exception Error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 17:18:15 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Frank Reid wrote:

> Speaking of SSL, the current source (and the 7.7.2 source) gives a
> Windows Access Violation at the indicated line when building with SSL and
> retrieving SSL from certain sites (although not all).

As not all sites/URLs send chunked data, I guess it depends on that.

> I'm not familiar enough with the httpchunk code to know where to look,
> though. This appears only to be a problem with VC6, as the binary
> download available on the website doesn't give the error. Any thoughts?
> Thanks.
>
> void Curl_httpchunk_init(struct connectdata *conn)
> {
> struct Curl_chunker *chunk = &conn->proto.http->chunk;
> chunk->hexindex=0; /* start at 0 */ <-- DEBUG ERROR
> POINTS HERE
> chunk->dataleft=0; /* no data left yet! */
> chunk->state = CHUNK_HEX; /* we get hex first! */
> }

Some basic initial ones:

This is obviously pointer run off. Verify that when this function is called,
the 'conn' pointer must be valid and the 'conn->proto.http' must also be
pointing to a valid 'struct HTTP' (struct details are in lib/urldata.h).

The 'chunk' struct is within the HTTP struct, so it should always be present
and this should never be an issue.

This looks like a bug indeed.