Re: release countdown

From: SM <nntp_at_iname.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 20:41:02 +0400

At 08:14 20-04-2001 +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>Yes, maybe I should. This 'alert' mail is a new thing in my release procedure
>and guess I'll have to work on it a bit. I'm not so sure that releasing a new
>version on a friday afternoon is very good either.

I was going to suggest that you avoid releasing a new version on a Friday. :)

>Experience from when I've released pre-releases in the past says that not
>many people care about them anyway, so there's no real feedback or bug
>reports until I actually make the real release!

That may change as you are now posting an alert message before the release.
 The new version works correctly under win32. If the releases were less
frequent, people would have the incentive to use the pre-releases and test
the new features. I guess that most cURL users keep to a "stable" version
which suits their needs. Don't fix it unless it's broken. :)

Cheers,
-sm