--quote and -DELE

From: Antony Dovgal <antony_dovgal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 05:13:12 -0800 (PST)

Hello, all!

There is such problem:
I have cURL working under Win98.
Good thing, it helpes me a lot to upload files through
our firewall.
But.. now I want to DELETE files.
I've read manual, some postings in this archive, but
I've found ONLY QUESTIONS and aswers like that "use -Q
'-DELE filename' command" (I must say that the same
was written in the manual - then why did you answer
so? Do you think we can't read but trying to work with
cURL? )

Ok, lets get back to the problem.

BAT-file content:
--------------
curl -v -o answer.htm -U user:pswd -x proxy:8080
--quote '-DELE ftp://user:pswd@ftp.site.com/file.htm'
--------------

press "Enter" and lets see what he tells us:

--------------
GET ftp://user:pswd@ftp.site.com/file.htm HTTP/1.0
--------------

?!?!?!?!??!??
what's this? I sad DELETE it!
but doesn't want =(
It seems like he doesn't understand at all the command
--quote!

and at least:
I'm not pretending to be the first who have discovered
it, but slash before double qoutes helps a lot!
=))))))
I mean --quote \"-DELE filename\"
works, but --quote "-DELE filename" DOESN'T.

I would be very glad, if someone help me to solve
that.

Sincerely yours,
Antony Dovgal
Master PHP programmer