RE: curl uploading to tandem mainframe

From: <Nico.Baggus_at_mail.ing.nl>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 09:39:17 +0000

This has to do with the way Tandem stores files
our solution was: create files that are binary for
tandem (on tandem) and have a layout of ascii files
(i.e. cr/lf inserted as record separator) the transfer procedure do a binary
transfer, et voila the file
is a normal ascii file on a PC.

For the reverse path, the file should allready exist on
the tandem...

b.t.w. it's the tandem that is to blame because for ascii
files it keeps a special type of storage...
The file is blocked in XXX kb blocks.
Up front are all text lines
From the end of the block pointers to the start of the lines within the block
are kept. Until they meet in the middle, then a new block is broken out... (This
is
a tandem special way of file layout)

I hope it helps
Regards,
Nico Baggus

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.