Re: curl uploading to tandem mainframe

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 07:48:55 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Rasmus Christian Kaae wrote:

> 2) curl --use-ascii --upload-file rck -u xxx:xxx ftp://nuser/PSSRCUXL.rck
> - which gives me the following error message "curl: (25) Failed FTP
> upload: Error: Improper filecode (0) for Ascii type"

This seems like the remote server rejected this upload for some reason
unknown to me.

If you use -v, you'll get to see the full session with all ftp commands and
replies. It would be interesting to see that.

Does the tandem box have any particular restraints in how FTP is supposed to
be uploaded to it? I mean, uploading ASCII with FTP should be a pretty basic
operation so I can't see why it fails like this.