Re: CURL question

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 13:09:05 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Bas van Rooijen wrote:

(Cc'ed to the curl mailing list)

> I tried using this option using php 4.0.3pl1 --> doesn't work, there's no
> CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER constant defined

That is actually not a direct problem with curl or libcurl. The limitation is
in the PHP glue layer between PHP and libcurl.

> So I compiled 4.0.4pl1 (latest version) and this one actually has the
> CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER constant (set to 42) but it still seems like no
> additional headers are sent.

That constant is set to 23 in the standard curl header.

> I convinced the other party to optionally include the info in the POST
> BODY, but i'm still wondering what's wrong here..

 You're talking about a problem in the glue code for PHP. Sterling Hughes of
the PHP team is the (initial) author of that code and I suggest that you talk
it out with him or file a bug report in PHP bug tracker. CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER
works in libcurl, if you just use it correctly.

 I might be wrong, but I have no evidence indicating a libcurl problem here.

 Please direct future mails in this subject to the mailing list. It allows
others to join in and help, to share their ideas, contribute their suggestions
and spread their wisdom. Keeping discussions on public mailing lists also
allows for others to learn from this (both current and future users thanks to
the web based archives of the mailing list), thus saving me from having to
repeat myself even more. Thanks for respecting this.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77