RE: cURL as a SRC parameter for a frame

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 23:12:58 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Mor Sagmon wrote:

(*please* do not swap to "private mode", keep curl mails on the mailing list)

> Yes, I recognize your syntax from the documentation. The problem is that
> this string cannot be a value for SRC of a FRAME tag:

> <FRAME SRC="curl -d "A=123&B=456" <IIS server host name>...">

> I need a way to trick the FRAME's SRC attribute to go thru curl.

I think you've severly misunderstood things here. curl is a client, it pulls
data FROM or send data TO servers.

If you want your server to use contents that you fetch with curl, then fine,
you run ahead and download the things using curl to your server and use that
when clients ask for content.

> How do I make curl be available in my browser context (IE 5).

Curl is not available in your browser. Not ever.

> Although I have added its location to my path, and I can happily invoke
> curl --help from a DOS command promt, curl is not recognized in my
> browser. Not in the URL field and not when called from an HTML page .

Using a server-side scripting language such as PHP you can use the curl
module to fetch remote pages and thus create pages the way I suspect you want
to do here.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77