Re: -z timestamp not working under win32?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:06:44 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Rudi Pittman wrote:

> I've been trying unsucessfully to get the timestamp checking feature
> working under the win32 version.
>
> Example: curl -z file2 -o file1 http://someurl.com/someimage.jpg
>
> the batch file used copies file1 to file2 after a successful
> download...the behavior of curl is that even though the filesize and
> timestamp has changed..no download occurs.

Without details, we can't possibly know where the problem is. How about
answering to these questions first:

* What version of curl is this? (curl -V)
* What is the actual file date of file2 ? (dir file2)
* What headers does curl send to the server? (curl -v)
* What headers does the server send to curl? (curl -i)