Re: building RPMs

From: Troy Engel <tengel_at_sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 22:28:22 -0800

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> - keep the .spec and .spec.in files in the packages/Linux/RPM/ directory (and
> have them somewhat updated automatically by the configure script)

If you add a rule to maketgz or make dist (I leave that to you guys to
fight out :-) to process curl.spec.in -> curl.spec, and then include
curl.spec in the tarball, any user can:

  rpm -ta curl-7.5.2.tar.gz

RPM will look for the spec file internally and build everything all by
itself, no intervention needed. The main difficulty I see is how to
include multiple SPEC files (ie, the SSL curl-ssl.spec) at once and have
-ta work appropriately. Hmmm. (I personally use the SSL version)

-te

--
Troy Engel :: KeyID DF3D5207
Perl is just another tool in the Unix toolbox. Perl does one thing,