Re: (35) couldn't use certificate!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:05:06 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, asm prog wrote:

> (35) couldn't use certificate!
>
> (ie: curl --cert c:\mycert.cert ....)
>
> but, it will work if copy the certificate file into the current directory
> (ie, curl --cert mycert.cert ...)
>
> Is there any way to make this work with the certificate file in another
> directory location. On our solaris box, we were able to use a certificate
> in another directory, so, this appears to be an win32 specific issue.

This appears to be an OpenSSL issue. Curl simply passes the given file name
to the underlying functions in the OpenSSL libs to do this:

 SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file()
 SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file()

There's no difference in behaviour between platforms when doing this. Not in
curl's eyes at least. The fact that it works for non-Windows boxes thus
indicates that there's something fishy in the win32 part of the openssl
certificate file reader.