Re: https fetch is hanging

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 08:30:54 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, WILSON, Nick wrote:

> Anyway, haven't had much of a chance to play around yet, but I tried to
> load a https page that I had created and it just seems to hang. So then I
> just tried using a browser to display my secure page and that didn't work
> either, basically I've just got a page with

> And a simple secure page. I'm wondering if I need to set up certificates
> or anything tricky like that ?

You can't just make a "secure page" with a normal server without you
configuring it for that purpose. It all comes down to how the server you run
works. You need to read the http daemon manual, this is not curl business.

For apache+mod_ssl there's no need to use certificates if you don't want to.

You can always try https://www.openssl.org and I run a test server (that
might work) at https://daniel.haxx.se

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77