https fetch is hanging

From: WILSON, Nick <nick.a.wilson_at_baesystems.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:02:55 +0930

I've compiled curl7.1 on my ISP with openssl, and managed to do so
in about half an hour of which most of the time was spent searching
for the correct directory in which openssl was installed !

Anyway, haven't had much of a chance to play around yet, but I tried to
load a https page that I had created and it just seems to hang. So then
I just tried using a browser to display my secure page and that didn't
work either, basically I've just got a page with

And a simple secure page. I'm wondering if I need to set up certificates
or anything tricky like that ? Also, is there a nice test secure page
I can use to test my curl loads https pages ok ?

Thanks,
Nick