Re: No more vprintf() error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 08:08:29 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Claude Cormier wrote:

> Well guess what. I no longer have the vprintf error. All I did was to
> locate the curl directories in a /src right under my root directory.
> Before that, I installed in a path two-miles long and I was getting tired
> of moving there all the time. Maybe it has to do with the lenght of the
> path ???

I seriously doubt that, although I can't really argue about it without a lot
of more facts and info.

> Now the configure completed OK and the make appears to have done same and
> create a file named curl in the /src directory. But when I run it I get:
>
> This script is just a wrapper for curl
> See the libtool documentation for more information

Okey. If you compiled and built curl on that path, it should work ok. If you
moved it after you built it, remove it and re-build it to make it work.

> I was expecting a binary. Now I see a libtool program in /the main
> directory but no docs.

Curl is built with the help of libtool. The src/curl file becomes a script
that sets correct environment variables for it to find its libs etc. You
should use 'make install' to get the executable and libs installed at the
correct place. Then you won't see that libtool shellscript anymore.

> Where do I go from here to get an executable. I can't see further info on
> the install page.

make install

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77