Re: 2048 bits RSA PK issue

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 08:11:35 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000, zhangying wrote:

> I encountered an error while connecting to https server with 2048 bits
> RSA PK.
>
> Here is the error message:
> curl https://the_https_server
> curl: (35) SSL: error:1E065406:RSAref routines:RSAREF_BN2BIN:len
>
> I can connect to the https server using IE5 without any probelm, and
> found it using a 2048 bits RSA PK.
>
> I installed curl-6.5 and openssl-0.9.5a+rsaref2.0 on redhat 6.0. There is
> no problem connecting to https servers with 1024 bits PK.

1. curl 6.5 is outdated, you should get a newer one

2. I hate to say this, but all the SSL stuff is done by OpenSSL and limits
   such as these clearly are OpenSSL issues. Get the OpenSSL docs, read their
   FAQ or join their mailing list to find out more about why things like this
   happen. I would be very interested to know the results...

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77