Re: no downloaded data over HTTPS with certificate

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 09:37:26 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Andreas Meister wrote:

> No there are no error messages in either error or ssl log (ssl log is
> quite verbous but tells about sucessfule ssl handshake, I can se the
> difference when specifying no certificate or an invalid one)

So the cert and SSL stuff really works in the eyes of the server.

> I can have it tell me something if I don't have to specify a certificate
> (on another directory)

... so the SSL stuff works with that encryption etc.

> or if I do specify the valid certifcate but an invalid file (wrong
> directory name)

So, whatever file name you specify that exists, it won't send anything back.
But if you specify a non-existing file name it reports a 404?

I think this might indicate that there is some problem in the server/ssl
side in combination with the OpenSSL in the client-side.

What SSL is the server using?

> Btw, here at work I use Solaris 2.5.1, at home I have a setup with
> FreeBSD 4.0 as the server and Linux 2.0.36 as the client. Same
> behaviour...

Yeah, the problem is likely to be the same all over. OpenSSL works the same,
curl works the same and your server probably works the same...

> If ever you are interessted in truss outputs of both the client and the
> server, I can send you this offline

I would. I still don't have any good leads to what the cause if this might
be...

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77