Re: wap again

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:16:55 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Georg Horn wrote:

> > Right. So you want to be able to talk WTP (Wireless Transaction Protocol)
> > with a WAP server/gateway to get its contents?
>
> Exactly! I found some wap clients in the web, but they are mostly written
> in Java and have a gui, while i'm looking for a simple but powerful
> commandline-tool like curl.

I wouldn't mind adding that if there was some good 3rd party lib I could use
for the WTP protocol. Curl really isn't about writing link-layer protocols.

> > You know of any open source initiative to talk this protocol?

> discussions there, they support only the server side of the wap protocol
> stack until now, but there are efforts to also implement the client side.

I couldn't find any relevant talk about any client-side stuff. I found
another hack somewhere that was a linux-kernel patch that modified the
socket() to add WAP awareness to the kernel.

I'll keep my eyes open, and you're welcome to do so as well, but I really
can't develop that stack myself just for this purpose.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77