wap again

From: Georg Horn <horn_at_koblenz-net.de>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 14:50:07 +0200

Hi,

Sorry for answering so lately, but somehow i've been kicked from the list.
Now i subscribed again and found some answers to my questions in the list
archive...

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> > Yes, it's made for cellular phones, but the phone doesn't directly talk
> > http to a web server, but talks wap to a wap server (or gateway) which
> > either produces the content itself or translates the request into http,
> > sends it to a web server, and gives the answer back to the phone.
>
> Right. So you want to be able to talk WTP (Wireless Transaction Protocol)
> with a WAP server/gateway to get its contents?

Exactly! I found some wap clients in the web, but they are mostly written
in Java and have a gui, while i'm looking for a simple but powerful
commandline-tool like curl.