Failed SSL handshake

From: Diana Moreland <dianam_at_americainter.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:58:00 -0400

I'm trying to use Curl to test my SSL installation. It works great with
http but I'm having trouble getting the https connection.

I read in the FAQ about using the /2 and /3 options to force the ssl
version. When I try this command:

curl --sslv3

I get this error message back:
curl: (35) SSL: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong
version number

When I try using --sslv2, the program just hangs - I don't get an error
message or a confirmation of the connection.

When I try it without either of those options, I get this:
curl: (35) SSL: error:140770FC:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protl

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Diana