Re: 6.5.2 Win32 FTP Problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:38:24 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> I use the curl program for automated FTP transfers on a NT Server to a MS
> FTP server on NT Workstation. We connect using RAS. I have one small
> problem. When the FTP server becomes unavailable, either because the server
> stops responding or the RAS line drops out, curl still tries to transfer
> data and is still doing it when I get come in the morning. I have not had
> any success with -Y -y and I note that -m does not work on Win32.

The problem is that if the connection to the server is aborted when curl
issues commands and waits for them to be completed by the server, there is no
working timeout functionality in curl-win32. The unix implementation depends
on the alarm() for aborting the read() call that otherwise hangs "forever".

If anyone with some win32 skills have a suggestion on how to deal with this,
then please step forward and help me out with this.

I think the proper thing to do for me is to use switch() for all reads (in
that context), as it would let me timeout better. Please allow me some time
for doing this.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77