6.5.2 Win32 FTP Problem

From: Scott Ferguson <Scott.Ferguson_at_betta.com.au>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 14:47:35 +1000

I use the curl program for automated FTP transfers on a NT Server to a MS
FTP server on NT Workstation. We connect using RAS. I have one small
problem. When the FTP server becomes unavailable, either because the server
stops responding or the RAS line drops out, curl still tries to transfer
data and is still doing it when I get come in the morning. I have not had
any success with -Y -y and I note that -m does not work on Win32.

Curl 6.5.2 134,144
NT Server and Wks 4.0 SP6 IIS 3.0

Curl command line to retrieve a file
curl -y 1000 -Y 60 -v -o replication\in\tmp.txt -u user:password
ftp://1.2.3.4/replication/out/stats.txt

Curl command line to send a file
curl -y 1000 -Y 60 -v -a -T replication\out\\rep.txt -u user:password
ftp://1.2.3.4/replication/in/rep.txt <ftp://1.2.3.4/replication/in/rep.txt>

Any help would be appreciated

Scott Ferguson
Brisbane
Australia