RE: sending requests to secure netscape server & getting HTML pag es i n return

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 14:13:30 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Arora Meenakshi wrote:

> it seems u were really annoyed.

Yes. You managed to send *6* emails to two different mailing lists when you
could've settled with one mail to one list.

> I did used makefile.vc6 but again with the same warning "alloca not
> defined" . Sir , pls. note that this is a warning & would not give anyone
> any problem until & unless a person uses the functions like urlget(....)
> .

The thing is, curl compiles on lots of platforms. I think you can count to
around 20, not including all sorts of combinations. I don't have access to
all of those platforms myself, I am dependent on help from others.

Microsoft's operating systems are not my expertise and I stay away from them
if I can.

Curl is not "finished" or even complete. It still contains lots of errors,
and a bunch of them will appear as compiler warnings in some systems, build
problems on others etc.

I do want the problems fixed. I want curl to compile smoothly on every modern
operating system, but I can't do it all myself. I need help from the guys
that actually face the problems, that do the workarounds and that understand
the systems that curl doesn't compile or work flawlessly on.

So, there might be a warning there. Please submit a patch that corrects the
problem and it may disappear in the next release!

> Anyway to overcome this problem in the getdate.c file i added the symbol
> WIN32
 [snip]
> is this thing fine or i should have done something else???

You tell me. Was it fine? What puzzles me the most is why you had to add that
when all the other guys who have compiled curl using VC++ haven't?

> I want this static lib in the form of dll . so for this do i will have to
> myself create a new def file & add the functions or can i get the def.
> file from curl site tooooo????

You'll have to do it yourself. Of course, if you think the changes are of the
kind that other people will have benefit from, then I'd like you to send them
to me to include them in the archive or at least post them on the curl web
site.

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77