SSL Sessions

From: Michael Naef <nah_at_payserv.telekurs.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 10:11:25 +0200

Hi

I'm running an application (an extended reverse proxy) that relies on
the SSL session ID to track client sessions and I wanted to use Curl to
access that application. The problem with Curl is that it (AFAIK) only
supports independent requests. Thus, with my application a new session
ID for each request is generated. The application won't work like that.

Therefore my question: How about extending Curl in a way to support
multiple dependent (SSL) requests in a row in order to each time use the
same SSL session ID? One way to accomplish this would be to implement
some kind of interactive mode, i.e. a small shell that allows me to
issue the requests.

What do you think about that?

Regards
myke.

Michael Naef, Security Services, Payserv AG
Hardturmstr. 201, Postfach, CH-8021 Zurich
phone: +41 1 279 27 36, e-mail: nah_at_payserv.ch