Re: SSL Sessions

From: Paul Harrington <paul_at_pizza.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 13:06:21 +0100

> I'm running an application (an extended reverse proxy) that relies on
> the SSL session ID to track client sessions and I wanted to use Curl to
> access that application. The problem with Curl is that it (AFAIK) only
> supports independent requests. Thus, with my application a new session
> ID for each request is generated. The application won't work like that.
>
> Therefore my question: How about extending Curl in a way to support
> multiple dependent (SSL) requests in a row in order to each time use the
> same SSL session ID? One way to accomplish this would be to implement
> some kind of interactive mode, i.e. a small shell that allows me to
> issue the requests.
>
> What do you think about that?

I too think this would be useful. Also the same shell type system for
resusing http1.1 connections would be nice.

For more info of SSL Session ID you might want to try the OpenSSL docs.
Basically it resuses the same SSL session Key rather than having to go through
the public key exchange again which is the cpu killer.

Regards

Paul