Re: Building on NT problems...

From: Bjorn Reese <breese_at_mail1.stofanet.dk>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 23:12:20 +0000

Pascal Gaudette wrote:

> BTW, if I simply link a program against libcurl without making any
> source changes to the cURL source, am I correct in assuming that the
> MPL allows me to distribute my program in binary-only form? (This is
> important for my employer...) Of course, any bugs found in the cURL
> code itself would result in patches being fed back to the community.

Yes, you can distribute your program as executable. You are not required
to make your source code available. We are not the GPL brigade :)

However, your are required to include a notice about the availabilty of
cURL (something along the lines of "This program uses (parts of) cURL
which is available from http://curl.haxx.nu/".)

See section 3.6 of MozPL for a more accurate description.

PS: I only had MozPL 1.0 at hand, but I do not think it differs in this
regard from MozPL 1.1, which is used by cURL.