Building on NT problems...

From: Pascal Gaudette <pascal_at_fake>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:25:37 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I am attempting to build libcurl.lib (6.4) on NT4 (SP5) with VC6 and
am having some problems. I thought I'd ask here to see if I am doing
something wrong or whether my experience is typical.

a) The file "src/config-win32.h" includes

#define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1

but I neither I nor VC6 can seem to locate that header file, so I had
to comment out that line.

b) The file "lib/makefile.vc6" seems to be missing some lines for ldap.c,
which was causing a link error.

Once I made those two corrections, I was able to build the lib, make a
simple test program and link it against libcurl and successfully test
it. Did I miss something or are these genuine issues?

Overall I must say I'm quite pleased with cURL. The lib built out of
the box on Solaris and it's handled all the tests I've thrown at it so
far.

BTW, if I simply link a program against libcurl without making any
source changes to the cURL source, am I correct in assuming that the
MPL allows me to distribute my program in binary-only form? (This is
important for my employer...) Of course, any bugs found in the cURL
code itself would result in patches being fed back to the community.

TIA,

--
Pascal Gaudette <pascal at gaudette.org>