curl / Mailing Lists / curl-meet / Single Mail

curl up 2020 goes online-only

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 09:42:24 +0100 (CET)

Hi friends!

I don't think this will come as a surprise to many of us, but of course we are
also affected by the Corona crises and due to this there's little hope that we
will be able to runa "normal" curl up in person in Berlin as planned.

We hereby cancel the plans of running curl up physically and we instead switch
to an online-only event, following the "work from home" trend of recent weeks.

So: cancel your travels and lodging plans for Berlin, but prepare your webcams
and stock up on curl related qestions and energy to run curl up 2020
differently.

Exactly what video/meeting/conferencing/streaming/chatting tools to use is up
for discussion and I hope we can use the curl-meet mailing list to organize
something we think can work. We're certainly not the only nor the first
"conference" to go this route so I'm hopeful that we should be able to learn
from others and get inspired by other's successes and failures in this area.
Bring us your ideas and suggestions!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!