curl / Mailing Lists / curl-meet / Single Mail

Re: Funding curl up attendance

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 15:39:56 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019, James Fuller wrote:

> sure, that is desirable - what I found that works is to approach professors
> with this kind of sponsorship for them to nominate students for ... not
> ideal but it means that the professors help find motivated individuals. I
> know a few profs here in CR which I can reach out to.

I'm a bit afraid such a targeted call would attract people for the wrong
reason. I want their interest to be in curl and related technologies
primarily. I don't want to attract people who primarily want to attend curl
up, and as a secondary thing think curl is interesting.

That's at least how *I* reason. It might also be a sign that I'm old and have
lost touch with reality! =)

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me