curl / Mailing Lists / curl-meet / Single Mail

curl-meet

Re: Call for papers

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 21:52:56 +0100

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 07:24:24PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2017, Dan Fandrich wrote:
> >It's only about 2 months until the meeting, so I think it's time to make a
> >formal request for presentations.
>
> To spice up the silence Dan's call generated

It was more a meta call for papers rather than an ACTUAL call for papers, since
I'm guessing this list doesn't contain very many people who will be attending
or willing to present. I think we should contact the people who have
registered with a more direct request; after all, it's a community meeting so
the community needs to step up and participate for everyone to get the most
out of it.

We should also invite talks for a lightning talk section, to lower the bar for
entry. I'll bet lots of people who might not have enough to talk about for
an hour could give a very useful and interesting talk for 5 or 10 minutes on
one of these topics (or others):

     talks on new protocols and upcoming technologies that people plan to
     implement support for in libcurl

     war stories and and memories on how "it all started" and history from the
     curl project

     success stories from other libcurl users telling how they solved problems
     or designed clients

As for me, I'm preparing a longer talk on this topic:

    the test suite architecture and how to write new and more (lib)curl tests

>>> Dan