cURL / Mailing Lists / curl-meet / Single Mail

curl-meet

Re: Conference agenda

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 09:35:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 20 Sep 2016, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> Have you thought about an agenda for the conference? How many people
> expressed an interest in preparing a talk in the last poll?

A third of the respondends back then said they'd be interested in presenting.
I don't know how much we should take that into account, as we have no idea how
many of those that will come to this etc.

> Were you thinking of a formal agenda, completely playing it by ear, or
> somewhere in the middle?

The latter. I think some of the most voted-for talk suggestions in that old
poll could serve as ideas for some pre-planned sessions to do, but I would
also like a flexible scheme so that attendees can get a chance to control what
we do and what we discuss. Not the least because it makes *me* less in control
of what we do and it becomes more of a group effort.

> If you haven't taken part in an Unconference before (see Wikipedia), I think
> it would work well for part of the time, depending on how many formal
> presentations there will be. Assuming we have only a handful of prepared
> talks, an agenda something like this might work:

I think this suggested agenda looks awesome! With the little note that people
will probably start dropping off Sunday afternoon to travel back home so we
should just take that into account.

We could also ask people attending already before the event what they want to
present / discuss to pre-populate the "whiteboard" of sessions to do.

I think personally I could imagine doing several presentations, but I also
want to limit myself so that I can handle it and so that I don't suck up all
the air myself.

Did I ever post the poll results of what topics that people voted for in that
poll? I think I'll do that (again?) in a separate post coming up, just as a
reference and data point.