Re: Test 1453 and dynamic ports

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 14:11:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020, Dan Fandrich via curl-library wrote:

> Test 1453 now fails when run on its own and I think it's due to the new dynamic
> port code.

> Since [...] is globbing syntax, curl complains early, before it even really
> runs anything. The problem won't be seen in most cases because usually
> people run all the tests and some previous test will start the needed server
> so [not running] won't happen. But, I suspect there are several other tests
> with exactly the same problem.

Nice catch! I made it not a number on purpose so that it would fail hard when
the '[not running]' text appears in a command line. It could possibly be
improved to also mention the exact server that isn't running.

> I can see a few possible solutions: add tftp to the server section (even
> though it's not technically needed), remove %TFTPPORT (or replace with
> %NOLISTENPORT) since it's not needed, or replace [not running] with a string
> that won't cause URL parsing errors (although, it would likely need to be
> numeric and not conflict with any other port).

I think %NOLISTENPORT seems like the most effective change for this case, as
it avoids running a server in vein and it will get the desired effect.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!